Sunday, March 26, 2017

Update March 26th

We have a very busy week coming up with many changes to our schedule.

Monday:
No Changes

Tuesday:
First Grade School Store- Less than $2 is enough money to spend at School Store. Please label money for "School Store."

11-12:30 Living Lab
We're traveling to the Day School for Living Lab.  We will be back in time for our regular lunch time.  Please dress students for the weather.  We may be outside for part of our time at Living Lab.

Book Fair- Students will visit the Book Fair during Library class in the afternoon.  They can either bring cash or a check made out to Robinson School.  If you send a check, please put an amount not to exceed in the notes section.  If students do not bring money, they can create a "wishlist" for you to shop during conferences.  Please label money/check for "Book Fair."

Wednesday:
2 Hour Delay- school begins at 11:00am
8:15-10:45 Parent/Teacher Conferences 

Thursday:
No School
2-8pm Parent/Teacher Conferences

Friday:
No Changes

*Student Progress Reports are available to be viewed on the iParent iPortal.  I will also have hard copies of progress reports at conferences. 

*In Math, we will continue using function machines to help solve addition patterns.  We will also learn about reading digital clocks.  

*In Handwriting, we are working hard to finish up practicing our lowercase letters.  At this point, all students are transitioning to using lowercase letters most of the time.  I'm expecting students to be using uppercase letters at the beginning of sentences and for proper names at this point.

*In Social Studies, we will learn about map keys and their function.

*My last day before my maternity leave begins will be Friday, June 2nd.  Mr. LaCoste and I will work together to find an appropriate replacement for the final three weeks of school.  My plan is to have the bulk of the lessons and assessments finished before I leave.  I will also complete progress reports for third trimester before my leave begins.  Thank you for your support during this exciting time for our family.

*Many students shared their "My Famous Person" project at school last week.  We will continue to present this week.  If your child hasn't sent in their project, please send it in as soon as possible.  This is my favorite project at first grade because I love to learn about the most important people in my first graders lives.

Looking Ahead:
Wednesday, April 5th- 12:20pm Early Release
Friday, April 14th- 12:20pm Early Release
April 17-21- No School- Spring Vacation





No comments:

Post a Comment