Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Update January 1st

Happy 2019!  I've spent every last minute of vacation enjoying my time with friends and family.  Our girls, Arya and Kit had a great Christmas this year!


*We will not have spelling homework this week.  I will send math homework on Wednesday and Thursday.

*In Math, we will begin unit 5.  Our focus this week will be on place value in numbers.  Students will learn about the ones and tens place.  They will explore numbers and begin to understand that numbers like 23 are made up for 2 tens and 3 ones.

*We will begin our Science unit focusing on Light and Sound this week.  This week's lesson will explore the question "How does light help you see?"  We will talk about different sources of light.

*The week before break, we began to explore using the educational app Seesaw in class.  I sent out an email with directions for log in.  I hope to continue to add student work to the app.  You are only able to see you own child's work and I have to grant parents permission to join.  I also oversee all student entries before they go live to parents.

If you haven't signed up yet, here is more information:

This year we are using Seesaw to share and communicate with families! Your child will post to Seesaw to share their learning. I'll also use Seesaw to send you messages and reminders. Seesaw is private; you'll only see posts created by your child.
Please Sign Up Now
  1. Click on this link: https://app.seesaw.me/s/854-285-390
  2. Choose your child from the list
  3. Create your account
  4. Once I approve you, you can see content from your child
After you sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https://app.seesaw.me.
If you used Seesaw last year or have more than one child using Seesaw, follow the link above, then click the 'Sign in' tab at the top of the screen. You do not need to create a new account.

Looking Ahead:
January 8th- School Store- don't forget your coupons from me!
January 18th- Book Buddies at Robinson
January 21 & 22- No School MLK JR Day and Professional Development



No comments:

Post a Comment