Friday, February 1, 2019

Update February 1st

We had a great week of Kindness with the Great Kindness Challenge at school this week!  Students showed the cared about other classmates, family, friends and teachers.  I hope these kind acts can continue throughout the school year.  We've been repeating this quote all week long:

Be Kind.
Kindness Matters.

*On Tuesday, first grade will have School Store.  There are still a few friends who have not cashed into their 50 cent coupon I gave out at the holidays.  They can bring their coupon back to school on Tuesday or let me know they want to cash in and I'll give them 50 cents to spend.

*Wednesday is our 100th day of School!  In my 12 years teaching, this is the earliest we've ever had the 100th day.  Thank you Mother Nature!  On Thursday, I sent home 4 hearts from students to write 4 things they love about our classroom or school.  Please send those back to school by Wednesday.  We will also do fun 100th day activities during the morning.

*Wednesday is also a 12:20pm Early Release day.  We will not have lunch at school, but please send students with a snack!

*We will finish up our Science unit on Light and Sound this week.

*We'll begin our study of Famous Americans this week.  Students will learn about many famous Americans and will begin by learning about our oldest famous American, George Washington.  Throughout the unit, we will discuss the character traits that are similar amongst the people we learn about.

*In Writing, we will begin writing about something the students want to change.  They will also think about who the audience will be for their change.  For example.  I will ask my parents to change my bedtime. 

Looking Ahead:
February 6th- Early Release
February 14th 1:30pm- Valentine's Party- I will send out an email shortly with information
February 15th-Book Buddies at Crisafulli (weather dependent)
February 18-22 No School, Winter Break

No comments:

Post a Comment